Cheers it’s Subway, Where Everybody Knows My Name
Perhaps not a trendy as Starbucks, but 5 or 6 times a week you will find me sitting down at one of my favor two Subways eating breakfast or lunch. (It varies based on which of my children I drive to school each morning.) As I mentioned in my post, Srircha Makes You Want to Slap Your Momma I eat at Subway at least 8 to 10 times a week and have done so for more than a year.
I have even been challenged by iTeachBlogging to try to eat 500 Subway meals before the end of this year. But I’ll tell you about that next week. Nevertheless, as a Subway regular, I thought I would entertain you on meaningless Subway facts. So grab your Monterey Chicken Melt and here we go!
17 Year Old Fred, Started Subway to Pay for Tuition
- Fred DeLuca, with a $1000 loan from a family friend, started Pete’s Super Submarines in August 1965. Pete’s would grow into the largest restaurant franchise in the world, Subway.
- The first Subway franchise opened in Connecticut in 1974.
- Subway is in 108 countries and counting.
- Subway has 41,766 locations. If you were to average from the beginning, Subway would have opened, on average, more than two restaurants per day since 1965.
Subway is Going to Hit 50,000 Restaurants by 2018!
- Subway plans to have 50,000 restaurants by 2018. To achieve that, Subway will need to open more than 6 restaurants every day.
- About 70% of new Subway franchises are sold to existing Subway owners.
- Some of the most unusual Subway locations include a laundromat, car dealership, and church.
- Subway employs about 410,000 people, or the population of Miami, Florida.
- Subway serves 7.6 million subs every day, enough to feed every person in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Dallas.
Some Start with Coffee, I Start with Subway
- Subway uses more tuna, tomatoes, and frozen cookie dough than any other company in the food industry.
- Subway uses enough cheese in a year to fill 600,000 professional ice hockey rinks.
- The chain uses an average of 16 acres of lettuce per year, or 35 football fields.
- Subway employs more than 46,000 hens that lay eggs for its cookies around the clock. In a year, those hens lay 14.4 million eggs.
- There are more than 38 million Subway sandwich combinations, and I am working hard to try them all.
What can I say, I love Subway. Some start with coffee, I start with Subway.
How do you start your day?
No paid image here, Fred takes tons of his Subway sandwiches pictures daily. He’s a fan!
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Ask for More Time with Your Kids - November 29, 2019
- First 10 Things to Do to Win Custody - November 27, 2019
- How To Improve Your Case for Custody After a Divorce - October 29, 2019