Bil is speaking to pastors, but the message could just as easily apply to your business, your career, your challenge in your marriage, your custody case. Tests from God are a part of life.
1. The Obstacle is the Way.
1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”” “Here I am,” he replied.
- The day you declare you are going into ministry (starting a business, making a difference) is when the test begins.
- (As a leader,) you will always be selling the vision.
- All the answers to what you need you already have.
- God always has a fight for you.
- God continues to force us to continue to give back what He already gave us.
- It’s not about what you have. It is about faithfulness.
- Go, then I will show. Go…
- What is your test? ________________
- All good Bible stories have donkeys. All my church (life, business) stories have donkeys too. *hehe*
2. Work Your Butt Off or Get of the Ministry. (Business, Career)
“3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together,”
- Spiritual stalling, praying about what you already have been told to do.
- The leader always has to carry the fire.
- You have to have the most faith in the room or why are you called the leader.
- Everybody wants Fellowship Church’s results, nobody wants Fellowship Church’s work ethic.
- You don’t have it all figured out, do what you KNOW!
- Face the issue in front of you! Why are we living scared!
- Learn to have faith in what you don’t see.
3. If You Can Figure It Out on Your Own, You Don’t Need God.
“9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.”
- God works on miracles. He’s in the miracle business.
- You going to have to do something that requires God to step in. That is faith.
- Every test from God is open book. Pull the Bible from your bookshelf.
- Follow the people who did it right, and avoid the people who did it wrong.
- I am waiting to give you the answer, you just don’t stop and listen.
- Let your sermon be what you do with your feet.
4. The Teacher is Always Silence During the Test.
“11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. 12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”
- When God is not talking, he is testing.
- Don’t ask God to bless your laziness.
5. In Your Moment of Faith is When God Provides.
“13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”
- He knew the problem, before you knew the problem.
- The test is never intended to stop you.
6. Your Problem is Your Promotion.
- Without the test you’ll never become what God wants.
- People use task to get things done. God uses task to get people done.
My Takeaway from Pass the Test
Not every problem you have is from God. Sometimes problems are part of the test God has given us. We should trust God like Abraham, get to work on the areas God has already told us to do. We only need to trust God and have faith and pass the test!
What are the tests in your life? Are you passing?
Featured image from DollarPhotoClub.com
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Are You The Best Role Model You Could Be For Your Kids? - January 14, 2020
- Dealing With A Break-Up In A Healthy Way - December 28, 2019
- Single Dads, Make Time for Yourself - December 20, 2019