HuffPost Divorce readers have experienced this firsthand. HuffPost readers on Facebook and Twitter shared with us the questions from their kids they struggled to answer post-split.
Divorce Questions Out of the Mouth of Babes
- “I just want you and Daddy to be in the same house. Can’t you just be roommates? For me?”
- “When I told my 6-year-old son about the split, he said, ‘Does this mean we’ll be Daddy-less kids?’ Now that hurts.”
- “My 10-year-old son Michael asked, ‘Will this home always be here for us?'”
- “Will your new wife be our aunt, or what? ‘Cause we already have a mom.”
- “At age five, my child asked, ‘When does your heart tell your brain — or your brain tell your heart — you’re not in love anymore?'”
- “‘Why did Daddy break his promise to us?’ He had promised to find a place to live close to us… then he moved to another city.”
- “What will happen when I get married and you two can’t even be in the same room together at my wedding?”
- “Why can’t Daddy’s girlfriend just live here, too?”
- “‘How come you don’t spend the night anymore?’ and later, ‘How come you and Mommy didn’t get along?'”
- “Why didn’t you leave Dad a long time ago?”
- “‘Why doesn’t Daddy love us anymore?’ We haven’t seen him in one and a half years.”
- “Why don’t you and Daddy just stay together and work it out? You are supposed to be a team and a team works together, right?”
- “Is it my fault?”
The following two tabs change content below.
Fred Campos, Top Geek, blogs about everything from House of Cards to Subway. In addition to blogging, he is a public speaker and humorist in child custody, social media, web development and parenting. He is married to one @SuperParentMom, and raising three world changers. For more details on his custody course visit, www.DaddyGotCustody.com/course. Like this post? Make sure you subscribe to this blog.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Can You (And Should You) Ever Be Friends With Your Ex? - July 18, 2019
- You Can’t Have a Healthy Marriage Without This - July 3, 2019
- A Co-Habitation Agreement: What You Need to Know - July 2, 2019