Attorney Kevin Hickey
502 Garrison Avenue
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
Areas: Fort Smith and surrounding areas.
[K]evin Hickey is known as a fair, yet aggressive, attorney. His method is to always seek a peaceful settlement and only use the court system as a last resort. He says, “Clients want a solution, not an extended and expensive legal battle – if you can reach a resolution without involving the courts, it is better for everyone concerned. However, if going to court is the only answer, then you have to be aggressive.”
Integrity, persistence, attention to detail, and excellent client communication have all been cited by his clients as strengths.
Specialty: Child Custody, Child Support, Civil Rights, CPS, DHS and Divorce.
- 1994 UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS SCHOOL OF LAW, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Juris Doctor
- 1991 UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy – Pre-law subtrack within the Philosophy program
- Licensed attorney – Arkansas and District of Columbia
- Certified mediator for domestic relations cases
- CJA Panel Attorney for federal criminal appointments
Current Professional Affiliations:
- Arkansas Bar Association (Family Law & Litigation Sections)
- American Bar Association (Family Law & Litigation Sections)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Sebastian County Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Current Athletic Affiliations:
- 1980-present United States Tennis Association Lifetime Member
- 1996-2004 B.A.S.S.
Current Other Affiliations:
- Western Arkansas Tennis Association (WATA) Board of Directors
- Hardscrabble Country Club, Tennis Committee
- God’s Knights (Youth) Council
1997-2001 Arkansas Health Care Association, Board of Directors
- President, District 2 (1997- 2003)
- Chairman, Public Relations Committee, (1997-2001)
- Chairman, Insurance Committee (1995-1997)
- Vice-president, District 2 (1995-1997)
Other Items/Case of Note:
- 2006: Represented 79 plaintiffs in a “mass action” against a Fort Smith Nissan Dealership. Settlement was reached and is confidential. Appeared on radio talk show (Car Buy Her) regarding this case.
- 2006-present: Served as judge for Moot Court Competition, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville Law School
- 2006-present: Served as judge for Trial Advocacy Competition, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville Law School
- 1999: Appeared on Larry King Live
- 1998-2004: Adjunct Faculty – Philosophy – University of Arkansas, Fort Smith