What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You StrongerFred Campos, @FullCustodyDad, discusses taking the experience of fighting for custody and allowing it to change your life for good. Really focus on becoming he better parent for your kids and learning to get along with your Ex.
It’s Never Over, but Does Get Better with Time
- Remember Top 3 Stresses Adults Face: Death of a Spouse, Divorce, & Marital Separation
- Time Heals All Wounds
- What You Do with Your Time, that Heals Wounds
- Don’t Dwell, Move On
Getting Along with Your Ex After Court
- Stop Bringing Up the Past
- Pick Your Battles
- Stand Up for Yourself
- Forgive Your Ex and Yourself
- Maintain a Healthy Sense of Understand and Compassion
- Avoid Becoming Immediately Defensive
- Maintain a Healthy Distance
- Let Go of Jealousy
- Remember It’s About the Kids
The High Road of the Custodial Parent is Selflessness
- Since You Have More Time, You’ll Have to Give In More
- Kids Activities are NOT Going to Follow the Schedule
- Life is Messy and Unstructured
- Someday Your Kids Will Remember Your Actions
The Reality of Re-Filing and Getting Custody Later
- Unless Your Ex Doesn’t Want to Fight, It’s Not Worth the Effort
- Most Custodial Changes Occur Outside the Courtroom
- Kids Tell You What You Want to Hear
- Really Consider a Material and Substantial Change
- Is It REALLY, REALLY in the Best Interest of Your Kids?
It’s Time to Let Go of Vindictiveness and Focus on Your Kids
- Vindictiveness Really Only Hurts Two People: You & Your Kids
- Why Do You Want to Give Your Ex Power Over You?
- Your Kids are Growing Up Fast, Focus on Them
Remarriage, Co-Parenting, Step-Families and the Art of Blendedness
- Take It Slow
- Remarry Up the Food Chain
- Realize 2nd Marriages Have a Lower Success Rate
- Understand It Take 7 Years on Average for Blended Families to Gel
- Make Sure Your New Wife has a Clear Understanding What She’s Getting Into
Continue Becoming the Super Parent Your Kids Want You to Be
- Love Your Kids
- Say “I Love You”
- Spend Time
- Be Involved
- Understand They Love their Other Parent
- Give Them the Freedom to Love Others
Teach Your Kids to Marry Well or the Cycle Will Repeat
- Kids Repeat What They See
- Anneli Rufus Research Shows Divorce Parents is 1 of 21 Factor that Causes Divorce
- Vocalize Marrying After College
- Have Heart-to-Heart Talks about the Quality of a Good Partner
- Intervene to Prevent the Cycle
Resources & Links
- Divorce Stats that Can Predict Your Marriages Success by Anneli Rufus
- Blended Families: Creating Harmony as You Build a New Home Life (Note Affiliate link)
- Beyond Divorce to Co-Parenting
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- eMail me a question to answer in future shows.
- Follow Fred on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Until next time please spend time playing with your kids, praising your kids, and praying for your kids!
The following two tabs change content below.
Fred Campos, Top Geek, blogs about everything from House of Cards to Subway. In addition to blogging, he is a public speaker and humorist in child custody, social media, web development and parenting. He is married to one @SuperParentMom, and raising three world changers. For more details on his custody course visit, www.DaddyGotCustody.com/course. Like this post? Make sure you subscribe to this blog.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Are You The Best Role Model You Could Be For Your Kids? - January 14, 2020
- Dealing With A Break-Up In A Healthy Way - December 28, 2019
- Single Dads, Make Time for Yourself - December 20, 2019