Levi Lusko, pastor of Fresh Life Church shares about his tragedy, of the sudden loss of his daughter, during his C3 message, “The Point of No Return”.
In Life, You Will Reach The Point of No Return
28 Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- God’s favorite math is multiplication.
- Do you ever feel like you are in a crossroads?
- Bad moods = falling into a pit.
- A bad mood is something that comes to you, but you have the choice to reject it.
- Ministry is filled with high highs, and low lows.
- For every significate level of breakthrough, there are challenges to go through.
- What makes us so good, is also what makes us so bad at other areas.
- The ebb and flow of my moods, determine the ebb and flow of everything else.
- If we can control our moods, we can change the game for our ministry and our family.
- Lions have retractable claws. Claws out, claws in.
- If you don’t have some claws, you better grow a pair!
- If you have your claws out all the time, you will alienate everybody.
- We need strength AND the ability to be tender.
Your Airplane Dashboard for Emotional Soul and Life
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
1. Polarity – Like a Battery.
- Electrically speaking, are your thoughts positive or negative?
- Negative thinking cannot lead to a positive life.
- We have about 5000 thoughts a day, each last about 14 secs long. 1.9 hours of every day we spend thinking about things we should NOT be thinking about.
- It is difficult to complain AND be positive at the same time. Therefore stop complaining.
- Can we do all in the name of Jesus and grumble?
- Install some TSA on your bad thoughts. Screen ‘em and remove what isn’t allowed.
2. Soundtrack – What is the Score Like Inside Your Soul?
- Are you open to critique?
- When you are in cruise control, are you cruisin’ for a bruisin’?
- What is your Bruce the shark (from Jaws)?
- God cares about every name in the credits.
- God keeps track of everyone who assists.
- Worship and picking the right song, controls your moods.
3. Altitude – Take Us Higher because There are Storms (in life).
- God’s Word always takes us higher.
- God’s Word is the instrument we have to trust.
- Get some altitude up in your soul, by allowing God to set the altitude of your life.
4. Flight Crew – Who is in the Cast and Crew of Your Story?
- Who are the Peter, James and John in your life. Who shares and can speak in your storms?
- You are loco if you are solo.
5. Intercom Gauge – How Do You Talk to Yourself?
6. Your Override – Using Your Authority to Reject or Cancel Controls.
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
- You can fire your auto pilot.
- You can shift into manual mode and do what God has told you to do.
- How things are going, doesn’t have to determine how YOU are doing.
- If we get up higher (above the earth), we get a new sunrise every 90 minutes.
- When you praise, it brings heaven’s attention to your revelation.
- Ask the right people, the right questions, to get the right answers.
My Takeaway from The Point of No Return
When you are flying and their are problems with the flight, you often reach the point of no return. The point when you have to trust your instruments and press on–to land. Having faith and trust in God, is like studying your six dashboard instruments on a plane. You need the right Polarity, Soundtrack, Altitude, Flight Crew, Intercom Gauge, and Overrides to push through your point of no return.
What is your point of no return? How has your dashboard help you during these difficult times of your life?
Featured image from DollarPhotoClub.com, unless otherwise stated, all scripture is NIV.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- The Importance Of Minding Your Head During A Divorce - June 14, 2019
- Can You Forgive And Forget After Everything? - June 8, 2019
- Making Your House Full Of Fun - May 23, 2019