One of my favorite days of the year is New Year’s Day. For me, I give myself some grace for not accomplishing all my goals from the previous year, then reset. Nowadays, I do make significant progress on my yearly goals. Take a look at my 2015 Goals. It wasn’t perfect, but I would not have accomplished as much as I would have, had I not set ANY goals.
I set goals that I fail at for years. I am okay with that. As I reflect on 2015, three MAJOR accomplishment happened in my life.
My Major Accomplishments for 2015 – Reflection
1) I got elected to the HEB ISD School Board. This was a three-year goal that is finally accomplished. I am honored to serve the community and love doing so.
2) I ended my ongoing problems with my daughter’s mother. While not a solution for everyone, she agreed to take a sabbatical until Caitlyn has graduated from high school. Not exactly what I wanted, but certainly has brought significant peace and stability to our home. May I never walk into a courtroom again except to help others.
3) I got to visit and tour China for 11 days. While this may not seem significant on the surface, my world perspective changed immensely after that trip.
Here is a brief summary of my goals, for more real-time details and to track my progress, click My 2016 Resolutions.
My Sweet 2016 Resolutions – Summary
Business and Finance: I want to increase my sales of websites in my DFWWebsiteDesigners.com business, increase sales of courses and ads on this site, and finally grow paid public speaking opportunities.
Personal and Health: I want to lose 24 lbs and keep it off, increase my daily Bible reading and the number of books read each year (last year I hit 30, I want to try for 50).
Community and Family: 24 date nights and one cruise with my wonderful bride, Karen. Some personal one-on-one activities and goals with my kids, including a Christmas trip to Disney World. And finally, I want to continue expansion of my HEB School Board and community services.
What are your 2016 Sweet Resolutions? What are you trying to accomplish this year?
Featured image from www.DollarPhotoClub.com.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Ask for More Time with Your Kids - November 29, 2019
- First 10 Things to Do to Win Custody - November 27, 2019
- How To Improve Your Case for Custody After a Divorce - October 29, 2019