Evening Session – by Ed Young “A Personal Attack” 7:30p, 02/10/2016
Picking up where his earlier message left off… 3 Reasons to Get Fat – C3 Conference 2016. Ed Young continues…
2 Chronicles After this, the Moabites and Ammonites with some of the Meunites came to wage war against Jehoshaphat.”*
2 Chronicles 20:3
“3 Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah.”
- God prevents a lot of attacks in our lives.
- God allows attacks, to test us.
- Pastors (leaders) are under more attacks than most professions.
Problem => Position => Prayers => Prophet => Posture => Praise
2 Chronicles 20:14-15
“14 Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jahaziel son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite and descendant of Asaph, as he stood in the assembly. 15 He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.”
2 Chronicles 20:17
“17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’”
2 Chronicles 20:21
“21 After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise Him for the splendor of His holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the LORD, for His love endures forever.” 22 As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.”
- Jehoshaphat proclaimed a fast.
- As a leader I have never been 100% sure. I am usually about 51%. But that is where faith begins.
- God I am powerless, I don’t know what in the world to do.
- God always has a prophet or a person, a situation, or encouragement, that touch of God, that everything is going to be okay, during your problem.
Worship and Praise, Defeats the Enemy
Why does the devil hate praise and worship?
2 Chronicles 20:26
“26 On the fourth day they assembled in the Valley of Berakah, where they praised the LORD. This is why it is called the Valley of Berakah to this day.”
- The devil is the prince of the power of the air. When we sing we are putting power in the air.
- It reminds the devil of his past. He use to be the worship leader.
- It reminds the devil of the future. He’ll be out of the game in hell.
- It isn’t over until the Jehoshaphat lady sings.
- Berakah => blessing.
- The valley started as a valley of the battle, but as they praised the LORD, the valley of battle turned into the valley of blessing.
My Takeaway => Praise thru Problems
Problems can be a test from God. We should not lose site of our position, which is to surround ourselves with the right they (prophets) in our lives, to encourage us to hit our knees (posture), to pray and praise against our enemies. For the battle is His, and going through the valley is part of His blessing.
How do you praise through problems? What problem are you praising through right now?
Featured image taken from C3 Conference Website. Scripture from NIV unless otherwise noted.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Your Kids Will Never Settle Into Their Lives With You Unless… - February 13, 2019
- Time Strapped Dad? Don’t Worry, These Options Will Save You - January 31, 2019
- Perfecting Parenting - January 30, 2019