A Truly Manly Geek Carries a Purse
25 years later, I fully admit… I was jealous the male species didn’t have such fashionable and socially acceptable accessories. Why wasn’t there a “man purse” that you carry with you at all times? After all, us guys needed a place to carry such important necessities, like jumper cables or laptop battery backup units.
Thankfully times have changed, as our society now embraces WiFi Implants and Rechargeable Robotic Pets, so let’s start a political movement for the “man purse”!
Can’t Quite Do a Purse, Then Call It a Laptop Bag
Now some of you may not be completely ready to accept this paradigm shift. Change is hard and takes time. Therefore I offer a suggestion to make the “man purse” migration in smaller steps. Call it a “laptop bag.”
For the past two years, I have been carrying my man purse under the disguise of the laptop bag. Guys, the women have it right, I love carrying a purse, as a wallet just doesn’t cut it. A quick audit of my purse, I’m mean laptop bag, outside of the obvious laptop reveal:
- I have drugs (prescription & head/cold),
- Pens, one pencil, & a highlighter,
- Coins, change, even a few dollar bills,
- Napkins, & plastic ware,
- 10 different phone chargers, USB sticks, & power cables,
- A spiral notebook, a book, business cards, & keys,
- Business receipts, mints, hand sanitizer, and finally
- A Powerpoint clicker and presentation pointer.
When you really examine that list and compared to what is found in most women’s purses, how exactly is that different? A truly manly geek carries a purse – aka the laptop bag. A bag by any other names, is still a purse.
Is the “laptop bag” the new manly purse? Guys, do you carry a man purse or laptop bag? What’s in your purse?
Paid feature image from www.DollarPhotoClub.com, embedded image of Fred’s real purse, I mean laptop bag.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- How To Improve Your Case for Custody After a Divorce - October 29, 2019
- Why Fishing is the Perfect Hobby for Father and Son Time - October 9, 2019
- How To Financially Survive Divorce - September 25, 2019