10 Do’s to Plan & Conduct Inside the Courtroom
- Do get a good night rest, have your A game on.
- Be Prepared for Your Court Hearings.
- Do dress extremely well.
- Do know where you are going, showtime begins and ends from your car.
- Do plan and expect things will go wrong and the case will get reset.
- Do show respect to everyone, everywhere, even your Ex and your Ex’s counsel and witnesses.
- Only answer the minimal and maximum needed.
- Do encourage your attorney to have an order written.
- Do bring your notes and know your kids’ facts cold.
- Do stand and address your judge as “Your Honor”
10 Don’ts in Regards to Conduct Inside the Courtroom
- Don’t be late.
- Don’t go to court alone, have someone with you at all times.
- Don’t ever, ever, ever lose your cool.
- Don’t be condescending.
- Don’t be in a rush to answer questions.
- Don’t argue with anybody anywhere.
- Don’t talk with your Ex.
- Don’t bring anything to court you were not asked to bring.
- Don’t play on or have your cell phone in court.
- Don’t tell stories or discuss your case with anybody in or around the courtroom.
Resources & Links
- Court Conduct, You Never Know Who’s Watching
- Showtime Begins & Ends in Court from Your Car
- Buy or Clean a Coat, Tie & Suit Prior to Court
- Going to Court, Where Should You Park?
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- eMail me a question to answer in future shows.
- Follow Fred on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Until next time please spend time playing with your kids, praising your kids, and praying for your kids!
The following two tabs change content below.
Fred Campos, Top Geek, blogs about everything from House of Cards to Subway. In addition to blogging, he is a public speaker and humorist in child custody, social media, web development and parenting. He is married to one @SuperParentMom, and raising three world changers. For more details on his custody course visit, www.DaddyGotCustody.com/course. Like this post? Make sure you subscribe to this blog.
Latest posts by FullCustodyDad / Fred Campos (see all)
- Oh, Papi – Single Daddy Dating Tips - October 23, 2018
- Handling It With “Dad Gloves” – Protecting Your Children (Without Going Overboard!) - October 10, 2018
- Co-Parenting In Peace After A Separation - September 28, 2018